Pure Global Cannabis has received approvals from Health Canada to amend its existing license to add manufacturing capabilities via phase 2 of its already licensed facility in Brampton. Having completed their facility in the spring, the Company can begin cultivation and extraction immediately now that all approvals have been granted. "This is a transformational event for the Company as it enables its own production as opposed to previously being dependent on wholesale purchases for its inventory hence significantly expanding its sales and margin potential," the team with the company explains.
"Pure Global’s facility was designed and built to exceed regulatory standards. This approval enables the addition of a 10,000 square foot EU-GMP grade manufacturing space, comprising 12 rooms that will be used for cultivation, processing, and extraction, to the Company’s already licensed site."
According to them, with these Health Canada approvals, The Company can immediately:
- commence using its 6 tons CO2 extraction system towards enabling bulk cannabis extract and distillate sales
- commence multi-layer and vertical cultivation towards 50-100 kg per month capacity, with the first harvest expected in Q1 2020
- commence final testing of proprietary vertical growing system for phase 3 scaled deployment
- continue installation of targeted 100+ tons of biomass extraction systems for CBD isolate manufacturing for Q1 2020 readiness
- continue installation of scaled processing and packaging for vape pens, topicals, dried flower, oils, tinctures, and edibles, to add to the current capacity already in place.
"Receiving these cultivation and processing approvals enables the Company to begin bulk distillate sales and offering co-manufacturing services through its recently launched B2B brand, PureCanna Solutions," they further explain. "The Company is currently installing large scale biomass extraction equipment, with CO2 extraction capabilities already in place. PureCanna is poised to begin the sales of bulk concentrates, branded and white-label medical, recreational and wellness products as well as co-manufacturing and tolling services almost immediately."
Pure Global CEO & President, Malay Panchal said, “Receiving our phase 2 approvals from Health Canada is a significant achievement as it enables us to commence our own cultivation and extraction for our branded and B2B sales. We have worked tirelessly to prepare our team, facility, set up distribution channels, and scale our partnerships in Canada and globally for this moment.”