Cravo’s retractable roof technology allows growers in warm and hot climates to produce high quality product, especially during times of the year when it is difficult to grow. This Thursday, the company will be holding a webinar that discusses cost effective solutions to the challenges following COVID-19 as well as the opportunities created by this pandemic.
“First, mainly fruit & vegetable growers had to endure the losses due to extreme weather conditions resulting from climate change. Now they are faced with a pandemic causing changes in what consumers want to buy, how much they are willing to pay for produce, where they want to buy it, and how governments and banks are going to respond to help ensure that local food demand is met,” says Richard Vollebregt, the company’s President and CEO.
“Growers in the Far East, the Middle East and Africa face challenges where they must sell their produce for lower prices than growers in Europe. They also must contend with periods of extreme heat combined with undependable or expensive water and electricity with limited financing options.”
On Thursday April 30, Vollebregt will share his insights and strategies for growers on how to respond to these new market opportunities, while recognizing local challenges and limitations.
In this 2-hour webinar, Vollebregt will cover:
1. The situation
- The potential responses by the consumer, retailer, grower, banks and government to Covid19.
- Quick summary of the challenges faced by growers in hot climates.
2. Choices for how to respond
- Conventional production systems: open field versus protected.
- Combining the benefits of open field and protected.
- How yields and timing can be manipulated by combining both.
3. How to decide what your best response could be
- Strategies for determining which production system best suits. your crop, climate, market and budget.
- Tools to evaluate the potential profitability and ROI.
Date: April 30, 2020
Start time: South Africa: 11:00am, Dubai: 1:00pm India: 2:30pm, Brisbane: 7:00pm.
To be part of this unique event, simply click on this link to register. You will then receive an email with instructions on how to join the webinar.