EVIO announced today that the company is engaging in a strategic partnership with Rare Earth Genomics Texas.
REG has been testing its hemp products with EVIO since the company launched its hemp business in 2020. REG and EVIO will deepen their relationship by collaborating on a range of research and development projects that focus on optimizing hemp strains, including:
- Evaluation of unique terpenes and terpenoids
- Quantification of major and minor cannabinoids
- Optimization of screening methods for breeding populations
- Development of testing protocols for novel phenotypes
- Assessment of potential for soil remediation
- Initiation of nutritional analyses of hemp and hemp seed feed and food products
EVIO will provide support and training to REG in pursuit of their goal to be a premier industrial hemp entity.
REG is actively collaborating with Texas A&M AgriLife Research ("AgriLife") and the Department of Soil & Crop Science which it is an integral part of the hemp breeding program. Russ Jessup, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Perennial Grass & Industrial Hemp Breeding says 'Innovative collaborative partnerships between industry leaders such as EVIO and Rare Earth Genomics are critical enabling forces to develop analytical breeding tools and significantly improved hemp cultivars."
Further, he says "We are excited to build and expand on the relationship with both EVIO Labs and REG. The communication, performance, and turnaround time on sample analyses has always been exemplary. We are going on our third year of testing with EVIO and we are going to need significantly more testing as our collaborative research program expands."
For more information: