Top 5 -last week
- East Africa could become a major medical cannabis export hub
- Root zone cooling technology provides often 40% more cannabis yield in high-tech greenhouse
- Delivering solutions in medicinal cannabis in South America
- The importance of cannabis gene editing for the cannabis industry
- US (PA): Scranton-based 90,000 sq. ft. indoor facility to further expand by 70,000 sq. ft.
Top 5 -last month
- MK: Largest indoor cultivation location for medicinal cannabis in Europe is taking shape
- New perspectives on how to set up the best cannabis cultivation facility
- Precision large-scale cannabis cultivation: "The difference in yield is simply outrageous"
- Leveraging horticulture knowledge to design a top-notch cannabis greenhouse
- First successful report of genome editing in Cannabis
Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
Contract: 32 to 40 hours
Level: Medior / Senior
Data science at global scale
Do you want to represent the human side of our AI driven horticulture services? And be part of the latest developments in horticulture, helping us building the services for our customers? Blue Radix is looking for an Autonomous Greenhouse Manager for monitoring and operating our algorithms in greenhouses all over the world with the most excellent service towards the growers.
You work in the core of our proposition. Offsite and digitally, you daily monitor our algorithm based service Crop Controller in greenhouses. You are in frequent contact with growers to help them realize their planned crop strategy. But you also translate customer wishes, needs and new ideas to our product development teams.
Ready to solve major global challenges with algorithms?
The world population is growing rapidly, and our planet lacks the resources to feed everyone in the traditional way. Greenhouses offer an efficient way to produce food and flowers in a sustainable manner. But the number of people with expertise of growing crops in greenhouses is declining every year. At the same time, energy management is increasing in complexity.
New solutions are urgently needed. The algorithms can compensate for the lack of human expertise, because they can provide solutions to these global challenges: algorithms can actually feed the world! We offer growers a digital brain for their greenhouse. Are you eager to help us achieve this great ambition?
As an Autonomous Greenhouse Manager you represent the human side of our service Crop Controller from our awesome office in the Van Nelle Fabriek in Rotterdam. Together with our team you will setup the organization and process needed to achieve service excellence for our customers. Next to this you will:
- Daily monitor and operate the autonomous steering of the operational processes of our customers and intervene when needed, to make sure their crop strategy is realized.
- Guide new customers in their onboarding phase.
- Make periodic reports with insights for our customers and have meetings to discuss them.
- Be the 1st line of customer support.
- Translate wishes and needs of customers to processes and product development.
- Support customers as we roll-out new features.
What do you bring along?
You are an enthusiastic person who has been working in horticulture for at least 4 years. You continuously are on the lookout to learn new techniques and skills and are always looking for new and better ways to improve your work. Therefore you have developed a solid skill set:
- You have a Bachelor degree or comparable education. Preferable in a horticulture or a related field.
- You have hands on experience in crop and climate management of a greenhouse for at least 4 years.
- Affinity with digital tooling, analytical / BI tooling is a plus or the drive to learn these skills.
- Experience with creating insights and reports and interpretation of the results.
- Customer oriented with a good communicational skill set.
- A proactive, entrepreneurial, and communicative personality.
- Fluent in English, both in speaking and writing.
Welcome at Blue Radix
Blue Radix is an independent data driven service provider and innovation leader in the international horticulture market. Our greenhouse clients aim to grow high quality crops with good profits based on the latest technology. Our technology, based on algorithms, is fully developed in-house by an enthusiastic group of data, crop, energy and tech experts. Together we design, develop and operate these algorithms to help growers worldwide to optimize their greenhouse climate and reduce their water and energy usage.
Although we are a new company, we bring a lot of experience to the table. Therefore we believe in autonomy. Not only for our algorithms, but also for our team. When you work at Blue Radix, you contribute directly to our success. You are involved in the direction of the strategy, you get professional freedom and you take your responsibility.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. Our team represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Do you feel different from our current team members and do you think you add something to the team? That’s great! Don’t hesitate, react.
Why work at Blue Radix?
We form a team of highly talented, skilled and educated colleagues developing cutting-edge solutions. You fit in perfectly if you are looking for:
- The opportunity to create a world that's futureproof, whilst expanding your know-how, fulfilling your ambitions and evolving new initiatives.
- Two-day hackathons where we test new concepts and discover new technology.
- Always something exciting to work on with our broad range of activities ranging from energy optimization, climate control algorithms to custom projects for international horticulture clients.
- The chance to be part of an exciting journey to disrupt the horticulture world.
- A great location to work with awesome coffee.
Your commitment is rewarded
We value your effort with a complete package that reflects your experience and track record:
- A competitive salary.
- Generous personal learning and development budget to help you get where you want to go.
- Modern and flexible pension arrangement.
- Option to buy additional holidays every year.
Enthusiastic? Contact Laurens van der Spek at +31 6 21 69 97 84 or email@example.com