Top 5 -yesterday
- Irrigation essentials: basics, biology, and best practices
- Understanding spider mite control in MMJ cultivation
- Australian grower acquired Denmark-based GMP MMJ cultivation facility from Canopy Growth
- Ex-Eaze consultants sentenced to prison for cannabis payment scheme
- CAN (ON): Operator teams up with McMaster University
Top 5 -last week
- North Macedonian grower receives export license
- "We cannabis growers are proving that vertical farming not only works but can also be very profitable"
- "It is necessary to update the information available from the past"
- Aurora Coast: “Our cultivar pipeline is designed to keep our products relevant and fresh
- US (PA): Hydrofarm to acquire organic nutrients and grow media operations
Top 5 -last month
Eden Green Technology is hiring a Grower - Hydroponic Greenhouse Vegetable for our vertical farm and R&D greenhouse in Cleburne, TX.
Interested in paving the way for the future of farming and local food production? At Eden Green Technology, we are on mission to bring fresh, delicious, and nutritious food to everyone. Join us as we rid the world of food insecurity and commodity dependence with sustainable and scalable vertical greenhouse technology.
The ideal candidate has strong initiative, is self-motivated, communicative, team-oriented and has a passion for horticulture, plant pathology and gets excited to care for our plants and their environment on a daily basis.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Yield & Quality
- Walk crop daily
- Maintain climate and growth factors in all stages of plant growth to meet production needs
- Monitor and adjust irrigation, nutrient, lighting and climate to minimize farm environment variation and optimize plant health and output
- Direct plant health team on data collection, management and analysis
- Operate within Food Safety requirements
- Work closely with facilities team to maintain proper growing environment
- Maintain crop schedule
- Coordinate with production supervisor on crop issues, transplant times, and harvest dates
- Communicate between growing, operations, sales, and distribution teams on schedule
- Work with Director of Horticulture to create and manage plant nutrition program
- Scout for plant nutrition issues and apply solutions to any deficiencies.
- Create nutrient recipes – based on lab results, targets, and crop needs
- Manage all horticultural inventory planning and ordering
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Plant Science, Horticulture or Related Field
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as a commercial grower
- Self-directed and motivated individuals with plant science, horticulture, integrated pest management, crop production, plant nutrition, agronomy or related backgrounds to assist in a wide array of activities in plant growth and product development.
- Understanding of all aspects of crop production and growing in CEA
- Experience with climate control software platforms
- Understanding of safe work practices, tools, cleaning techniques, and personal protective equipment to meet food safety requirements
- Experience with data collection, analysis and documentation tools
- Collaborative problem solver that can communicate well with other managers, team leads and associates
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills, strong decision-making and execution skills
- Familiarity with MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, etc). Ability to perform basic functions and updates to spreadsheets and word documents
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand and/or walk for up to 8 hours daily, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Comfortable working a greenhouse environment with variation in temperatures
- Must have dependable transportation
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled indoors/greenhouse and growing atmosphere. You must be okay with handling high or low temperatures, and wearing PPE every day in order to maintain high food safety and worker health standards.
Open Monday-Friday | Weekends and evenings as needed
Greenhouse Hours: 6am-2:30pm (vary seasonally)
Daily break: 2 fifteen minute breaks and a lunch break (45 minutes)
*** For safety and security purposes, Eden Green Technology requires photo identification in order to enter our facilities, so please be prepared to present a valid government-issued photo ID during the interview process and at the time of your new-hire orientation. ****
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: 60,000-80,000 based on experience
Location: Cleburne, TX (~20 mins from Fort Worth)
COVID-19 considerations: To keep employees as safe as possible we require masks, gloves and frequent hand washing. We provide hand sanitizer and PPE.
ABOUT EDEN GREEN TECHNOLOGY
As a turnkey solution and alternative to traditional vertical farming, our locally-placed greenhouses equipped with vertical hydroponic systems places us on the cutting edge of the Agribusiness and AgTech industries. Our innovative technology provides businesses, cities, schools, research institutions, and governments around the world the ability to grow large amounts of produce sustainably in a controlled environment to distribute food locally, at scale. By prioritizing plant health on a microclimate level, our customers are able to grow and harvest higher-quality produce faster than traditional farming while using less resources than other controlled environment solutions.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Thank you in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.