Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the best substrate for growing cannabis?
- US (MA): 87,000 sq. ft. indoor cultivation to install integrated sustainable system
- Some cannabis firms see ‘disaster’ in federal legalization
- 6 international companies form a new network-centric organization, the Green Horizon Alliance
- Denis Dullemans and Nico van der Houwen bid farewell to Agrolux
Top 5 -last week
- UbiQD: UbiGro luminescent film improving cannabis yield through spectral modification
- Should I use HPS or LED for growing cannabis?
- CAN (AB): Aurora to shut down Edmonton facility, says 8% of its workforce to be impacted
- How to profitably grow cannabis with aeroponics in California
- US (MA): Monson-based cultivation facility faces mold problems
Top 5 -last month
- "We are bringing together something truly special"
- Microclimate and drainage solutions in vertical cultivation systems
- AU: Victoria-based grower receives cultivation permit, first harvest by January
- Integrated pest management for indoor cultivation pt. 2
- Powdery mildew resistance gene identified in cannabis
Head Grower Tomatoes (location UAE)
The company is a dynamic and fast growing organization with a wide range of fruits and vegetables. A high product-quality and a high technical standard are the company’s outstanding characteristics. For the specific cultivation process itself we are looking for an experienced candidate for the position of
Head Grower Tomatoes (location UAE)
The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of growers responsible for all aspects of the tomatoes value stream from consumables ordering, growing from seed, grafting, transplanting, crop maintenance, pollinating, harvesting, and packaging. The matching candidate must be able to provide hands-on training to new staff: teaching them proper techniques of crop maintenance, harvesting, packing, etc. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of the delivered product to the final customers. Managing all aspects of attendance and employee leave, ensuring adequate staffing skills and availability to meet operational requirements. Be the technical focal point for all growing issues within the company (GCC region), using your network to quickly access knowledge when needed. Further on the candidate must be experienced with hydroponic vegetable growing from seed, including leafy green vegetables, microgreens, tomatoes, and strawberries.
The candidate we are looking for has a bachelor’s degree in agronomy, horticulture, or agricultural studies. He or she has an extensive and proven experience (minimum 5 years’) in CEA growing or hydroponic greenhouses. A thorough background in horticulture, both theoretical and practical, is absolutely necessary. Must be familiar with LED lighting systems, and how to optimize. Must be an expert of Growing by Plant Empowerment (GPE) principles and be aware of GAP principles. He or she will lead, amongst other things, the daily operations within the whole cultivation process. This includes the planning and organizing the routine of the day so that the employees will be used efficiently. Problems such as pests, diseases and nutrient deficiencies in the crop will be identified quickly, tackled and solved. Indispensable for this function is an excellent command of English, both written and spoken. Candidate must be able to travel independently within the GCC region.
For the matching candidate a special challenge is waiting you. Besides extensive professional knowledge and experience therefore some sense of adventure and a real pioneer spirit is essential. The working conditions are excellent and do fit this responsible position.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to give us a call. Of course, your call will remain confidential.
Mob: +31 6 10782861