Top 5 -yesterday
- Identifying and targeting cannabis aphids effectively
- Big projects happening in Canada and Australia, worth $91 million
- "Our lighting technology reduces costs, increases yield, and helps reducing heat"
- Study finds more than half of CBG products contained wrong amount of CBG
- "Pests must be controlled early, else the progression becomes exponential"
Top 5 -last week
- “This cloning technique varies from others significantly"
- What's stomata?
- New cannabis product line of which 100% of profits to go back to communities
- Competitive California cannabis market pushing growers to go high-tech
- CAN (BC): Greenhouses working hard around the clock to come back after floodings
Top 5 -last month
Head Grower Cannabis - Reading, Southern England
HEAD GROWER - CANNABIS
Who we are
Glass Pharms are fully licensed High THC medical cannabis cultivation company. Situated in Southern UK, we are the first to receive a cultivation license on the mainland for 25 years. Our licensed facility will produce, to order high, THC & CBD flower for licensed clients. Glass Pharms has a professional blend of high tech horticulture and chemistry driven analytical professionals. With a cultivation area of just over 20,000m2 greenhouse and plans of expansion, our state-of-the-art greenhouse will be ready for production in early 2022 and we want you to join us.
What you will do
You have a senior leadership position within the company; your primary role will be to manage all aspects of the medical cannabis crop production in a world class state-of-the-art greenhouse to achieve best yields and quality. You will oversee and mentor the Assistant Grower, IPM Specialist plant maintenance team and liaising with the packhouse manager on production and to ensure production is in in line with highly government regulated production. You will report to the Director of Growing & expected to have a contribution to the final design of the world class facility.
- Leadership & Management
- Manage the growing team on a day-to-day basis, including both technical guidance in growing topics, as well as mentorship and coaching;
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence, inclusion, and continuous learning;
- Foster emergent talent and build the bench of growing talent.
- Create and maintain SOP’s
- Yield & Quality & hygiene
- Oversee yield & quality for all crops to achieve company targets;
- Use a data-driven approach to manage all areas of crop production.
- We grow to pharmaceutical standards and we will operate a clinical facility.
- Climate Management & Irrigation Schedules
- Oversee climate control strategy for all plants and compartments;
- Determine optimal settings for all greenhouse equipment and irrigation & LED lighting
- Evaluate climate strategy impact on energy use and yield.
- Greenhouse Management
- Oversee and determine all cultural practices for young plant production;
- Oversee IPM Program – compliance, record keeping and IPM strategy;
- Monitor functioning of greenhouse, production and irrigation equipment regularly with Maintenance team;
- Oversee plant nutrition program;
- Review crop schedules and adjust as needed for sales,
- Provide training to operations team as needed on crop-specific tasks.
- Advanced Degree in Plant Science, Horticulture, Agriculture or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a management position in commercial greenhouse cannabis production.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a management position within high level greenhouse production preferably the salad or vegetable industry.
- Understanding of all aspects of crop production and growing in semi closed greenhouse
- Strong computer skills and experience with climate control software platforms preferably Priva.
- Experience of container/benching system growing.
- Extremely well organised.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Data-driven with strong problem-solving and analytical skills as we approach this from a scientific aspect.
- Dedicated leader and people manager.
- Collaborative, humble, and team-oriented, pragmatic.
- Excellent emotional intelligence.
- Commitment to the company mission and values.
What we offer
A package to attract the best and the reward of working within a world class, leading facility.
Apply in confidence with an impressive & comprehensive CV to email@example.com