Top 5 -yesterday
- “I knew we needed Dutch expertise to start successful cannabis production in Thailand”
- Three things to consider before building a cannabis cultivation facility
- How do you choose the right mycorrhizal product for better business?
- US (CA): Governor Newsom moves forward proposal to simplify tax structure
- "This partnership will result in introduction of forward-thinking cultivars"
Top 5 -last week
- Aurora to shut down Aurora Sky facility
- “$13 million government grant shows trust in the NZ organic medicinal cannabis industry”
- US (OK): Tornado hits medical cannabis farm, nearly all 50 greenhouses destroyed
- “Third-party testing would prevent growers’ disappointment with the quality of their lights”
- Cultivating medical cannabis in South Africa: "High standards and costly, but profitable"
Top 5 -last month
Account Manager Substrates Asia
Company: international production/trading company substrates and potting soil
This internationally active company in Germany has been successful for many decades in the development, distribution and supply of high-quality potting soils and substrates to professional horticulture companies in many European countries, as well as in South and North America and Asia. The company's quality products stand for successful crops with high yields and growth security. All raw materials and additives for substrate production in the German and Baltic plants are extensively tested. Users can count on high quality consistency and strong growth security. The company's qualified consultants bring their extensive practical experience from conventional and organic horticulture when providing their advice to customers. For the further expansion of the customer base in the important Asian markets, we are looking for an
Account Manager Substrates Asia
The person we are looking for must be able to give the turnover on the Asian markets a real boost. This means that you focus on existing customers but also actively search for new (potential) customers, for example larger distributors who are active in the different Asian countries. You are a real salesperson and not someone who limits themselves to the current customer base. You will regularly be visiting Asia, for example to attend relevant trade fairs and visit interesting customers. The expectation is that you will be in Asia for approximately one third of the year for periods of 10 to 14 days on average. Furthermore, you will work from home somewhere in Europe with regular online (sales) meetings. You will visit the German headquarters several times a year for consultations. Age, experience and education are less important for this position than the right commercial mentality. You are very active, constantly taking initiatives as you always want to score to reach your commercial goals. Some knowledge of modern horticulture is important, but this may also include commercial positions at companies engaged in the sale and supply of crop protection products, fertilizer or other horticultural products. It is important that you can work very well on your own as you will often be traveling alone or visiting existing and new customers in Asia. An excellent command of at least English is necessary. Speaking other languages that could be useful in your work is certainly an advantage.
- Motivated, a driven and result-oriented approach
- Commercial drive, ensures results
- Strong and convincing personality
- Good negotiator with insight and overview
- Understands and respects other cultures, especially in Asia
- Understands what the customer wants, service oriented
- Takes initiative, independent worker
- Knowledge of horticulture is useful
- Feels at home in an international work environment
This is a position of which you are in charge of making it a success. Do you see Asia as an interesting market, do you think you can conquer it and are you willing to go all the way? Then you should definitely respond. This position comes with an excellent salary and other benefits. Want to know more before you apply? Don’t hesitate to send an email or give a call.