Top 5 -yesterday
- A craft approach to growing cannabis
- US (NJ): Photos showed mold and spider mites in cannabis plants, but officials say they’ve been debunked
- CO: Colombian hemp cultivation receives USDA organic certification
- CAN: LED with spectrum control to grow cannabis
- US (CA): Newly developed proprietary breed of hemp
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- CAN (ON): Completion of Southwestern Ontario based 780,000 sqft cannabis greenhouse
- The similarities and differences between cannabis and vegetable growing
- Cannabis lessons from the Netherlands: the silicon valley of greentech
- "We grow vertically, thus using less space through optimizing the height of our facility"
- “There is no ‘typical’ situation for the cannabis grower”
Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician
Reporting to the Team Lead, ICM the ICM Technician is responsible for crop loss prevention by following Sundial’s standard operating procedures (SOPs). The ideal candidate must be able to take direction from both the Director, ICM and Team Lead, ICM, be enthusiastic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, and be able to work both as part of a team and independently in a rapidly changing environment.
Scope of Role:
- Maintain full compliance with Cannabis Act laws and regulations.
- Conduct daily scouting activities to identify the various types of crop insect pests, plant viruses and plant disease pests that may be present in the crop.
- Provide daily and weekly information to the ICM leaders.
- Order weekly biologicals according to scouting results, with the Director’s approval.
- Ensure all beneficial biologicals are introduced effectively and according to plan.
- Ensure proper preparation and application of pest control products.
- Complete and maintain proper documentation of all necessary activities in compliance with Cannabis Act regulations for the ICM Department.
- Ability to obtain Pesticide Applicator Certificate License.
- Comfortable to follow best practices and keep all required documentation up to date.
- Capable of following strict processes and procedure, with the ability to work with minimal supervision quickly and accurately
- Assist with other duties as needed.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must be able to obtain a security cleared person status.
- Minimum Grade 12.
- Alberta Pesticide Applicators Certificate License considered an asset.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an ICM (or IPM) role for crop production with either greenhouse or indoor; must show basic identification abilities.
- Solid team player who promotes a culture of professionalism, integrity, quality and teamwork
- Solid MS Office Word and Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, with strong initiative and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and requirements from a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent sight and observational skills
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labourtasks this includes bending, kneeling, reaching and working in high temperature and high humidity environments
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time along with strong manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
- Must be open to relocation on your own
To Apply: email@example.com