- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Process / Application Engineer - Water Treatment
- Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
- Sales agents / representatives
- Tissue Culture Manager - Warren (MI) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Australian-grown cannabis hits domestic supply chain
- "The future of lighting by focusing on DLI and PSS value"
- "HVAC calculation is one of the most crucial things to successfully run an indoor facility"
- “The stability of genetics in such an industry is paramount”
- Grower's COVID pain points and strategies for after the crisis
Top 5 -last month
- Australian-grown cannabis hits domestic supply chain
- The 4th cannabis production system: Combining the advantages of outdoor and indoor production
- Cannabis operation supports local community in Cape Town to fight unemployment
- How different light systems and spectrum affects the growth of the cannabis plant
- Mycorrhizae: fulfill the genetic potential of your cannabis plants
Process / Application Engineer - Water Treatment
Job Title: Process/Application Engineer – Water Treatment
Location: Golden, Colorado
Start Date: Immediate
Silver Bullet Water Treatment
Silver Bullet is a Denver-based technology company that offers a variety of products and service solutions to enhance water quality. Our target markets include animal health, commercial cooling, data centers and horticulture plant production. Within the horticulture division, our strategic focus is on the North American Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) industry, namely commercial fruit and vegetable produce, as well as legal hemp and cannabis cultivation.
Silver Bullet Water Treatment provides water management solutions that enhance facility operations, ensure quality control and safeguard regulatory compliance. We work with growers to integrate custom climate control and irrigation water solutions to ensure that water quality expectations improve plant production and facility operations. Our patented, non-chemical oxidation technology has shown to provide greater microbiological control and reduced plant stress. This technology is combined with water treatment processes and a customized monitoring and controls program. Silver Bullet is comprised of a dedicated team of professionals that work with the growers from the design phase, through the commissioning of our treatment systems, and throughout the life the system operation.
About the position:
Silver Bullet Water Treatment is seeking a talented mid to senior level process/application engineer who can support our emerging business in consulting, modeling and designing water treatment and conveyance systems for indoor agriculture facilities, including vertical farms, container farms, and greenhouses. You will be part of providing a “gold standard” as a solutions provider by making processes as simple and user friendly as possible to reinforce a culture of commitment to customer satisfaction. This position will work closely with both sales and R&D to ensure the most appropriate technology and tools are implemented to deliver high quality, cost effective solutions to our customer base.
If you are excited by the opportunity to use your exceptional people and technical skills in a company whose mission is to help make a difference in our environment, read on! Silver Bullet Water Treatment produces and installs AOP, filtration, UV, and other water treatment products. We operate in industries such as agriculture, municipal, industrial, food & beverage, oil/gas, and others.
This role has the opportunity to grow with, and within, the horticulture division. It is the expectation that additional team members will be acquired, and the Design Engineer will evolve into a management role as business develops. The status of this division, and its team members, will be reviewed and will be subject to additional compensation and financial incentives.
Why should you join Silver Bullet?
By 2020, our aim is to become the definitive number one non-chemical based water treater in the industries we serve by driving the market and redefining market boundaries where appropriate. We are about more than just making money – we want to make a difference in the world by contributing to the well-being of all. We are proud of what our closely-knit R&D group and the rest of the team has accomplished in just a few years. Our innovative product has nowhere to go but up. Our employees’ doors are always open, and we are all aware of what each department is doing. We are transparent and collaborative among the team.
Traits required for success:
Our ideal candidate is a strong leader who controls the work process from beginning to end. Excellent analytical abilities and problem solving is mission critical. You demand fast, but carefully thought out results with a focus on the big picture as well as the highest standards and quality work. You have proven you can work independently with little management oversight. You lead by example, enthusiasm and a can-do approach to all aspects of the job. People describe you as dissatisfied with the status quo and you are motivated to make positive change.
- Sales Support: Work with sales to design project specific treatment solutions that meet or exceed the needs of our customers. This includes:
- Sizing pumping, filtration, and disinfection systems
- Developing site layouts and process & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Assist manufacturing with generation of Bill of Materials and ensuring project execution and delivery
- Using modeling software to develop project specific hydraulic designs
- Assist automation engineering with new process implementation including PLC/HMI automation, relay control, facility BMS integration, remote/cloud control and communications, etc.
- Working with sales to compile the above information into customer facing documents
- Provide technical support during project commissioning and/or troubleshooting.
- Work in excel to create and review tables and figures, analyze project data and develop models for equipment sizing.
- Collaborate with strategic partners’ sales and engineering teams to successfully execute the design and implementation of treatment systems
- Work with vendors and manufacturers to acquire cost quotes and product recommendations.
- Assist in developing relevant sales literature / technical information tailored to the end-user of the information.
- Assist the service department in situations where problems arise. Coordinate investigations or product issues to ensure an accurate assessment and timely resolution.
- Support R&D and manufacturing groups with component selection, value engineering, and lab testing.
- Travel up to 20 percent, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Biological/Civil Engineering or similar from an ABET accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Able to apply theoretical knowledge to achieve cost-effective, constructible design solution.
- Knowledge of water quality and water treatment technologies including filtration, disinfection and sanitation.
- A strong working knowledge of 2D CAD programs. Experience of using these tools for use in controlled environment agriculture (CEA), greenhouse, hydroponics or ornamental nursery is a plus.
- Working knowledge of electrical fundamentals and electrical systems
- Ability to work independently, develop and implement work schedule and collaborate with others in a team approach.
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) experience a plus.
- Understanding of automation controls and equipment a plus.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, dental and life insurance
- Volunteer long term disability insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- All travel and work-related expenses reimbursed each paycheck, with company credit cards optional
Please apply through indeed.com at the following URL: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=65a386ae5b332c02&tk=1e8a4mgcko1tl800