The facility will implement high-end technology and cultivation practices to maximize efficiencies and production, including a positive pressure air system, mobile containers, desiccant dehumidification systems, acrylic glazing, and a unified program for environmental, irrigation and lighting controls. These state-of-the-art processes will enable perpetual harvesting, with an estimated yearly production of 2,400 kg of medical cannabis.
"We're excited to be taking the first steps in building out our robust and comprehensive medical cannabis program in the State of New York. The iAnthus and Citiva teams have worked incredibly hard to reach this milestone," said Hadley Ford, CEO of iAnthus Capital. "The growth and success of our Warwick facility will lay the foundation for the rest of our operations across New York State, and we look forward to continued expansion, development, and most importantly, service to our patients, through our vertically integrated operations."
Phase 1 of the buildout is projected to be completed in the first half of 2019. The Warwick site can eventually support up to 125,000 sq. ft. of total cultivation and processing space and will be built out in several phases. Citiva purchased the eight and a half acres of land for the Warwick facility in May of 2018 for US$526,000.
US (NY): Construction started on 39,500 sq. ft. MMJ facility
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-15 New Dutch R&D greenhouse under construction
- 2023-11-07 Half fewer orders for greenhouse construction in energy crisis
- 2023-11-03 "Combining benefits of double-layered and semi-closed growing"
- 2023-10-25 US (MD): "Expanding the indoor facility with the greenhouse has been a success"
- 2023-10-25 "Partnering with Ammerlaan adds glass Venlo greenhouses to our product portfolio"
- 2023-09-26 CAN (ON): Canopy Growth Corporation celebrates grand opening of consolidated Smiths Falls operations
- 2023-08-14 Greenhouse coverings to benefit from diffuse light
- 2023-08-09 US (WI): Construction begins on Dramm's research greenhouse
- 2023-07-21 New production tools to promptly respond to growers’ demands
- 2023-07-21 The importance of a double plastic layer in greenhouses
- 2023-07-18 Westbrook and Ammerlaan partner on Venlo Greenhouses
- 2023-07-18 US (GA): 115,000 sq. ft. MMJ facility under construction in Macon
- 2023-07-17 2023 State of Controlled Environment Agriculture report released
- 2023-07-13 NL: Progress at greenhouse construction for grower of cannabis experiment
- 2023-07-11 Phormium opens local warehouse in Turkey
- 2023-07-07 US (FL): Fire at Trulieve warehouse