Top 5 -last week
- East Africa could become a major medical cannabis export hub
- Root zone cooling technology provides often 40% more cannabis yield in high-tech greenhouse
- Delivering solutions in medicinal cannabis in South America
- The importance of cannabis gene editing for the cannabis industry
- US (PA): Scranton-based 90,000 sq. ft. indoor facility to further expand by 70,000 sq. ft.
Top 5 -last month
- MK: Largest indoor cultivation location for medicinal cannabis in Europe is taking shape
- New perspectives on how to set up the best cannabis cultivation facility
- Precision large-scale cannabis cultivation: "The difference in yield is simply outrageous"
- Leveraging horticulture knowledge to design a top-notch cannabis greenhouse
- First successful report of genome editing in Cannabis
CO: PharmaCielo enters U.K. market with 500 kg initial shipment
PharmaCielo has delivered its first commercial shipment of medicinal-grade CBD isolate to a well-established bulk distributor and white label manufacturer based in the U.K., with sales and distribution operations in the U.K. and the E.U. In addition, the Company has reached an interim sales agreement…
US: NCIA publishes recommendations to improve environmental sustainability
The National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA), the largest and most established cannabis trade association in the country, released a detailed report today to help tackle the unique environmental challenges facing businesses involved in regulated cannabis production and sale. The report, entitled…
Can farming hemp help fight climate change?
A small farm in upstate New York is working to revolutionize the organic farming industry, starting with supporting their local ecosystem while growing, among a variety of grains, hemp — the plant behind the multi-million dollar CBD industry. Hemp, a species of cannabis that does not create a…
How the cannabis industry could be greener
The sticky green herb is beloved amongst hippies, naturalists, environmental activists, outdoorsmen and pretty much everyone who wants to preserve the beauty and strength of the natural world. It is perhaps surprising to learn, then, that the cannabis industry as a whole is not only unsustainable but…
US (OR): What is the impact of smoke and ashes on cannabis crops?
On September 12, Iverson Family Farms posted ominous images on social media of their fields under a ruddy red sky, thick with a stagnant, dense haze—a stark contrast to the vibrant annual Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival, a well-known spring attraction in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. As the Beachie Creek and…
US (CA): Sonoma County cannabis growers concerned about smoke taint after wildfires
Harvest time in Sonoma County. We've already heard about the grapes, and concerns about how smoke taint from fires will eliminate some vintages, but here's something new. "That's ash here," said Erich Pearson pointing at some leaves. He is part biologist, part grower, and a full-time CEO at Sparc in Glen…
US: Climate change one of the biggest threats to cannabis growing
Valerie Leveroni Corral spent days after lightning set the Santa Cruz Mountains on fire not knowing if a cannabis crop her organization grows for the sick and dying had survived. The conflagration—part of the explosion of lightning-sparked wildfires in mid-August that kicked off the earliest, worst fire…