Fluence announced three new horticulture LED lighting solutions redesigned to enable efficient and productive vertical controlled environments. With an updated and slimmer form factor streamlined for quick and easy deployment, the new Fluence SPYDR Series represents high-intensity lighting solutions for the vegetative and flowering stages of cannabis crops.
The new SPYDR Series effectively converts energy into photosynthetic photon flux (PPF), reaching new levels of lighting efficacy of up to 2.7 micromoles/Joule (µmols/J). Designed to induce the ideal photobiologic response in plants via broad-spectrum lighting, each new solution encourages consistent, high-quality plant growth. The reengineered ultra-low profile (1.4 inches thin) delivers high-levels of PPF to increase space utilization and efficiency for vertical growing applications. Purpose-built for controlled environments, each LED lighting system is foldable and easily positioned to deliver uniform levels of photosynthetic photon flux density to each plant and produce higher crop yields per square foot of plant canopy.
The new SPYDR Series includes three lighting systems: the SPYDR 2x, SPYDR 2p and SPYDR 2i. The new SPYDR Series is ideal for vertically grown cannabis, which require high-intensity lighting.
Key features of each SPYDR LED lighting solution include:
- SPYDR 2x – Successor to SPYDRx, for vegetation and early bloom growth stages of cannabis, SPYDR 2x offers PPF of up to 875 µmols-per-second, with a lighting efficacy of 2.6 µmols/J.
- SPYDR 2p – Well-suited for the bloom growth stage of cannabis, the flagship SPYDR 2p replaces the first-generation SPYDRx PLUS and offers up to 1580 µmols/s at 2.5 µmols/J.
- SPYDR 2i – A limit pushing LED solution for cultivators which wish to stretch cultivation best practices with the highest levels of light intensity and efficacy, hitting a peak of 1700 µmols/s at 2.7 µmols/J.
- The entire SPYDR Series is certified with the ETL Mark and IP66 Rating to withstand watering and nutrient dispersal in the harshest cultivation environments.
- Every SPYDR LED lighting solution is designed and built in Austin, Texas, with an anodized and extruded aluminum alloy chassis with an integrated passive heatsink to manage thermal heat, with no moving parts.
The new SPYDR Series will begin shipping in mid-September 2018.