Seven Utah physicians were appointed by the Utah State Senate on Monday to serve on the medical cannabis Compassionate Use Board.
The board will be responsible for approving medical cannabis patient cards to patients under the age of 21. They will also hear cases of patients seeking to treat a medical condition with medical marijuana that's currently not an approved, qualifying condition by the Utah Medical Cannabis Act, according to a press release.
The following physicians were appointed to serve as board members:
- Dr. Joel Ehrenkranz, internal medicine and expert in the use of medical cannabis.
- Dr. Ed Redd, internal medicine and past member of the Utah State Legislature.
- Dr. Angelo Giardino, pediatrician and chair of the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Utah School of Medicine and Chief Medical Officer of Primary Children’s Hospital.
- Dr. Nicholas Whipple, pediatric hematology-oncology at the University of Utah
- Dr. Meghan Ward, neurology and epilepsy, Intermountain Healthcare.
- Dr. Richard Segal, psychiatrist.
- Dr. Colleen Marty, pediatrician and hospice and palliative medicine
Read more at kjzz.com