The 2019 Medical Cannabis Symposium will explore current evidence-based science as it relates to medical cannabis and implications for clinical research, regulation, and medical practice. Physicians, scientists, pharmacists, nurses, and industry professionals are invited to attend.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Explain the physiology of the endogenous cannabinoid system, including the mechanisms of action and pharmacology of endogenous and exogenous cannabinoids.
- Describe the impact of cannabis use on cognitive function.
- Describe the impact of cannabis use as it relates to mental health.
- Explore the potential role of cannabis as a medical therapy for management of pain, opioid use disorder, and other medical conditions.
- Identify the public health impact of recreational and medical cannabis programs.
- Recognize on-going work of local clinicians and researchers working in the medical cannabis space.
The conference will be held on December 18th, 2019 in The Palace at Somerset Park, 333 Davidson Ave. in Somerset, NJ. Registration will start at 8:00am and the conference will be open from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Registration fee is $125.00 per person (Cancellation Fee: $35.00).