Aleafia Health Inc.’s AssureHome Delivery has launched next-day distribution of medical cannabis products.
Providing patients with fast and complementary service, the first Toronto deliveries were completed on April 21, 2020. Service highlights include:
- Next-day AssureHome Delivery is immediately available to Toronto patients, with a 30-day rollout to the Greater Toronto Area and surrounding communities
- Significantly faster delivery times compared to third-party parcel services
- Patients will receive a shipment tracking number and phone call 15 minutes prior to the driver’s arrival
- All orders received before 9 p.m. will be delivered the following business day between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- The company expects to offer same day delivery beginning in June, and will expand to other major metropolitan areas including Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver, while also eventually offering weekend distribution
“Aleafia Health’s introduction of contactless, next-day medical cannabis delivery is based on our commitment to ensuring our patients receive their medicine in a safe, secure and convenient direct-to-door delivery,” said Aleafia Health CEO Geoffrey Benic. “With COVID-19 negatively affecting third-party delivery service times, we are demonstrating that our commitment to patients does not end until medicine is safely in their hands.”
Aleafia Health’s home delivery benefits from the supply chain logistics experience of Benic and COO Greg Rossi, who were among the founding partners of the award-winning online grocery fulfillment and delivery service, GroceryGateway.com. The pair have also worked as executive consultants on supply chain logistics projects for some of the world’s largest companies including Walmart Inc., Nestlé S.A., Kraft Heinz Company, Campbell Soup Company and Mondelez International. Benic and Rossi were also the architects of Trust Delivery, the first and only same-day Canadian medical cannabis delivery service.
For more information: