Water Ways Technologies received the fifth commercial order, effective May 23, 2021, for its Medical Cannabis Internet of Things water and control system. The CAD$315,000 order was received from an Israeli Licensed Producer who is currently building a 7,000 Square meters (approximately 75,000 sq. ft.) Medical Cannabis Cultivation facility in of Israel. The system is an IOT controlled Water & Control system for Cannabis cultivators and growers. The Company expects to deliver and install the system by the end of 2021.
The purpose of the IOT system is to increase the yield and consistency for cannabis growers and cultivators while maintaining high quality, as well as reducing energy, water, and fertilization costs. The system was developed in Israel by the Company's research and development staff of engineers using the Company's unique experience and knowledge gained in the irrigation and control industry.
The system is comprised of the following components:
- A precise drip irrigation system to maximize the cannabis plants nutritional absorption together with full monitoring and control of the plant water content as well as nutrition availability during the different growing stages.
- A fertilizing system composed of two main components: raw fertilizer tanks and dosing pumps that inject accurate fertilizer formulation into the different compartments of the facility.
- Drainage collection, filtration, and water treatment systems.
- Monitoring and operating all the climate systems include HVAC, Lighting, air circulation, etc.
- An IOT control gateway. An IOT Control Gateway is an integral component of the system which is comprised of an industrial controller and integrated specially developed software to monitor and control various components of the cultivation project. The system allows to control the whole cultivation process by allowing the user to adjust the following features:
- Irrigation, fertilizing and filtration system.
- Climate system monitoring and control.
- Structural systems (benches, darkening and thermal screens, curtains, heating, dehumidification, ventilation, fans, etc.).
The controller and software are connected and synchronized with a local controller or sensors within the facility. The controller gathers data in a local and remote cloud so the cultivation management staff can use this information to track trends, symptoms and correctly manage their facility.
The controller software can be installed on smart phones, PCs, and local controller touch screens, allowing the growers to decide who is permitted to use the controller, and control it over the web remotely.
Ohad Haber, President, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Water Ways, commented: "This is the fifth order of the system in Israel which is a proof of the advantages our technology offers to medical cannabis growers. The system's first client, Cronos Israel, finished its implementation in 2020. So far, The system has been delivered within Israel and the Company intends to focus its efforts selling it internationally and expand to additional markets and to additional indoor crops.".
For more information:
Water Ways Technologies
77 King Street West, Suite 3000, PO Box 95 TD Centre, Toronto, ON, CANADA M5K 1G8
+972-54-5612231 / CEO Ohad Haber