IL: Over 100,000 MMJ registered patients in Israel

With a considerable delay, this morning (Monday) the Ministry of Health published the "Snapshot" report for July 2021 - a report that in previous months was published by the middle of last month and this month only in its last week.

According to official data, the number of holders of a license to use cannabis in Israel in July reached 99,876 patients, which means that it can be determined with certainty that in the current month, August, there are over 100,000. 

According to the graph, there is a slight slowdown in the rate of increase in the number of patients, which has been about 3,000 a month since the beginning of 2021 and in July stands at only 1,900, apparently in light of the warning letter sent by the Ministry of Health to doctors.

As early as July, the total eligibility of licensees reached 3.68 tonnes of cannabis per month, which is over 40 tonnes per year - a figure that is also an all-time record. For comparison, in July last year, the figure was only 2.34 tons.

Keep in mind that this is the amount of eligibility, and not necessarily the amount actually purchased by patients. According to estimates, the actual quantity purchased is about 70% at most of the amount of eligibility, since there are those who do not buy or buy a share.

According to the data, also in July 2021, about 80% of the license holders are entitled to an amount of up to 50 grams (including) per month, while the remaining 20% ​​are entitled to 60 grams per month or more.

Of the HMOs, Kofach, as usual, leads Klalit with more than 48,000 of the patients (2,000 more than last month), Maccabi in second place with more than 25,000 of the patients, Meuhedet with about 9,000 and Leumit with about 7,300.

Source: xn.com


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber