This morning in Amsterdam, GreenTech Live & Online kicked off. The show is much more compact than usual, yet it resulted in a vibrant and lively morning with visitors and exhibitors being happy to reconnect in real life. Right before publication Priva revealed their Kompano robot. Oh, and did we mention there are innovation awards handed out?
Enough to do and enough to see in Amsterdam. Over the next few days, we're sharing more photos and information with you. Here's a start.
Priva revealed their Kompano leaf-cutting robot today at the Greentech. It wasn't an easy ride to get there, Ronald Seelen revealed, but the robot now being shown is something they are more than proud of.
The team with MJ Tech showed their high tech fogging installations
FPHU Maryniaczyk brought their machines all the way from Poland as they see they can help many growers automating their internal logistics.
Van der Ende Group launches their Kathari machine on the show. Read more about it in yesterday's publication.
And of course, there were Innovation Awards.
Today, the winners of the GreenTech Innovation Awards were announced at the opening of GreenTech Live & Online. The winners out of a total of 20 entries are Corvus drones BV with Corvus Drones in the category 'Concept' and Van Iperen International with GreenSwitch Original in the category 'Innovation'.
Chairwoman Liselotte de Vries (TU Delft AgTech Institute) explains: "The winners teamed up with other expert partners and have a system approach, which is key for future circularity and upcycling solutions to hold commercially and to drive meaningful impact. It's a strength that they do not look at the greenhouse industry in isolation."
Category Concept: Corvus drones BV with Corvus Drones
Product description: The drone is a fully automated flying drone in horticulture greenhouses for crop monitoring purposes. Unique is the automatic navigation based on visual odometry software (GPS signals are too weak to use in a greenhouse). Seed germination, usable plants, and leaf area measurement are the first applications.
- "Corvus has chosen to team up with strategic partners in a platform concept. Each partner being strong in something else, the combination is very strong and promising."
- "The business model, a subscription model, is inspiring and can be an example for other businesses."
- "More dynamic assessments tools for greenhouses are welcome in the scope of digitalizing crop production and precision farming."
- Advice of the jury: work on clarifying the advantage of the use of drones in other platforms (e.g., labor trolleys).
- Question of the jury: How do you fly in dense crops?
Category Innovation: Van Iperen International with GreenSwitch Original
Product description: GreenSwitch® Original is the first Nitrate fertilizer from an organic source. It is a pure, crystal clear liquid formulation suitable for high-tech greenhouses and any open field fertigation or foliar application in fruit, vegetables, and ornamentals.
- "Fertilization made easy with a big contribution to a circular economy."
- "We appreciated the systems approach that GreenSwitch takes by tying together different actors in the food and energy supply."
- "Potential for worldwide application."
- "Interesting principle for extraction of other nutrients (from other sources) in the future."
- Question of the jury: Is it scalable? What is the business case for and adoption expectancy of biogas plants?
The winners, nominees, and entries for the Innovation Awards will be showcased and can be visited during the exhibition.
To check out the long list of all the entries of the Innovation Awards, please visit https://www.greentech.nl/live-and-online/innovative-products/. And the nominees: https://www.greentech.nl/live-and-online/innovation-award/nominees/.
For more information: