Notice of proposed rulemaking to adopt regulations for large cultivation licenses and conversion to large and medium licenses.
The Department of Cannabis Control (DCC) is providing notice to the public of its intent to adopt regulations to implement, interpret, and make specific requirements for obtaining a Large Cultivation License under MAUCRSA. These regulations also provide a pathway for existing licensees to convert to a Large Cultivation License once the license type becomes available on January 1, 2023. Additionally, the regulations provide a pathway for existing licensees to convert to Medium Cultivation Licenses once the limitation on the number of such licenses that may be held by the same owner expires on January 1, 2023.
View the notice, proposed text of regulations, and the initial statement of reasons below:
- Notice of proposed rulemaking – large cultivation licenses and conversion to large and medium licenses
- Regulation text – large cultivation licenses and conversion to large and medium licenses
- Initial statement of reasons – large cultivation licenses and conversion to large and medium licenses
How to submit a public comment
You can comment on the proposed regulations until 5 p.m. on August 2, 2022. You can submit comments by mail or email. You only need to submit your comment by one method.
Send your comment to DCC, and reference the rulemaking topic ("large cultivation licenses and conversions regulations"):
- By mail: DCC Legal Affairs Division, 2920 Kilgore Road, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also submit your comment verbally through a public comment hearing which will be held:
- August 1, 2022, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information:
Department of Cannabis Control