Advanced Cannabis Production will be offered at Illinois Valley Community College for the first time this spring.
Students will gain hands-on experience growing, testing, and processing cannabis plants while furthering their understanding of various production systems. The four-credit course is part of IVCC’s popular cannabis production certificate program.
Instructor Jennifer Timmers said the course provides in-depth coverage of:
- Cannabis genetics, breeding, and propagation techniques;
- Outdoor and indoor cannabis production systems with a focus on agronomic considerations such as seeding, planting, pest and disease control, harvest/drying/storage, and compliance testing;
- Testing for potency, heavy metals, pesticides, residues, terpenes, bacteria/fungi/mycotoxins;
- Extraction and processing for fibers and cannabinoids;
- Economics in cannabis production, such as product marketing, pricing, commerce, distribution, and federal and state policies.
Timmers will enhance each unit by bringing in experts in various fields.
To read the complete article, go to www.shawlocal.com