To succeed in today's market, commercial growers need every competitive advantage, including a precision propagation substrate that channels success. To address that, Oasis Grower Solutions (OGS) is launching OASIS® RhizoPlug™ Sheet, a new engineered foam growing media designed especially for precision vegetative propagation. In developing the new sheet propagation media, the team decreased the foam substrate's density and resistance to facilitate easy, breakage-free sticking of cuttings while refining and improving the media's cell structure and capillary action.
Oasis Grower Solutions Director of Global Grower Operations and Research Vijay Rapaka, Ph.D., lead scientist on the team, shared the focus behind the new precision propagation media. "We listened when growers asked for a product to minimize sticking issues, maximize tip contact, and support vigorous rooting," Rapaka said. "We created OASIS RhizoPlug in response to those needs, so cuttings can express their full rooting potential and our customers can succeed."
OASIS RhizoPlug Sheet Benefits
"OASIS RhizoPlug Sheets provide propagators with an ideal substrate for vegetative propagation of a wide variety of crops, from industrial hemp clones to floriculture and culinary herb cuttings," the Oasis team explains. "Designed for easy use and handling in manual growing operations, OASIS RhizoPlug Sheets come pre-dibbled with an improved universal star that maximizes cutting tip contact, regardless of caliper. Pre-etched grooves in the sheet media ensure separating individual plugs for transplant stays quick and simple, too."
With OASIS RhizoPlug Sheets foam propagation substrate, growers can experience the following features and benefits:
- Advanced surfactant technology – Cuttings rehydrate faster, allowing an earlier reduction in misting frequency, thereby minimizing conditions favorable to pathogens and pests.
- Optimized, consistent air-to-water ratio – Cuttings display faster, more consistent, more uniform rooting, sheet after sheet, and batch after batch.
- Clean, inert, pathogen-free – Limited buffering capacity and nutrients translate to easy Electric Conductivity steering in the root zone.
- Low substrate density and resistance – Cuttings stick easily, penetrate the media without breakage or tip damage, and root vigorously with improved fine root architecture.
- Unique cellular matrix – Used properly, the foam media eliminates the risk of overwatering, promoting faster rooting and reducing bench time — even on challenging crops.
- Superior capillary action – Ultrafine cell structure improves capillarity and creates an outstanding interface with non-organic or organic media, including peat and coco.
- Food safe – Sheets arrive clean and uncontaminated and remain food safe when used in conjunction with effective, appropriate food safety programs.
For more information:
OASIS Grower Solutions