Water Ways Technologies received the fourth commercial order in Israel since December 2019, for its Medical Cannabis IOT Irrigation and fertilization systems. "The CAD$233,000 order was received from an Israeli Licensed Producer who is currently building a 7,000 Square meters (approximately 75,000 Square feet) Medical Cannabis cultivation facility in Israel," Water Ways team explains. "The system is an Internet of Things ("IOT") controlled irrigation and fertilization system for Cannabis cultivators and growers. Water Ways believes the system is one of the first in the world that was designed for the specific needs of Cannabis growers and cultivators worldwide. The Company expects to deliver and install the system by the end of April 2021 and will recognize revenue from the project within the first six months of 2021."
The purpose of the IOT system is to increase the yield and consistency for cannabis growers and cultivators while maintaining high quality, as well as reducing energy, water, and fertilization costs.
The system was developed in Israel by the Company's Research and Development staff of engineers using the Company's unique knowhow gained in the irrigation industry.
The system is comprised of the following components:
- A precise drip irrigation system to maximize the cannabis plant's nutritional absorption together with full monitoring & control of the plant water content & nutrition availability during the different growing stages.
- A fertilizing system composed of the following main components: raw fertilizer tanks and dosing pumps that inject accurate fertilizer formulation into the different compartments of the facility.
- Drainage collection, filtration, and water treatment systems.
- An IOT Control gateway.
An IOT Control Gateway is an integral component of the system which is comprised of an industrial controller and integrated specially developed software to monitor and control various components of the cultivation project. The system provides control over the whole cultivation process by allowing the user to adjust the following features:
- Irrigation, fertilizing & filtration system.
- Climate system monitoring.
- Structural systems (benches, darkening & thermal screens, curtains, heating, dehumidification, ventilation, fans, etc.).
The controller and software are connected and synchronized with a local controller or sensors within the facility. The controller gathers data in a local and remote cloud so the cultivation management staff can use this information to track trends, symptoms and manage correctly their facility.
The controller software can be installed on smart phones, PCs, and local controller touch screens, allowing the growers to decide who is permitted to use the controller, and control it over the web remotely.
Ohad Haber the Company's Chairman and CEO commented: "This is the fourth order of the system in Israel which is the proof of the advantage of our technology to medical cannabis growers. The system's first client, Cronos Israel, finished its implementation in 2020. We will continue to focus our efforts on selling this technology internationally."
For more information:
Water Ways Technologies
77 King Street West, Suite 3000, PO Box 95 TD Centre, Toronto, ON, CANADA M5K 1G8
+972-54-5612231 / CEO Ohad Haber